INTERSOS intervention included provision of lifesaving health interventions in areas of the State of Borno where there are no health services, as well as malnutrition screening services and referral to specialized facilities in the areas of Magumeri, Bama, Ngala and Dikwa.
In addition, the staff runs therapeutic outpatient programmes in the areas of Bama and Magumeri and a center for the treatment of cases of severe acute malnutrition with and without complications in Magumeri. Responding to the high number of displaced people in the region, INTERSOS carries out Camp Management and Camp Coordination (CCCM) activities in refugee camps in Banki, Ngala, Monguno, and Mobbaro, ensuring proper screening, registration, and housing of new arrivals.
COVID-19 and the resulting movement restrictions have had a negative impact on agricultural work and other self-supporting activities. For this reason INTERSOS supports food distributions in the areas of Magumeri, Damasak, Banki and Ngala, in Borno State, and creates livelihood opportunities for the most vulnerable people in Banki, Ngala and Damasak.
In the field of protection, INTERSOS carries out GBV prevention campaigns and provides care for survivors of gender-based violence in the areas of Monguno, Magumeri, Bama, Ngala and Dikwa, In addition, INTERSOS implements the monitoring of protection and safeguarding needs among new arrivals in the areas of Monguno and Ngala.
We work in Nigeria since 2016.
Nutrition Supervisor at INTERSOS:
General-purpose of the position:
- The Nutrition Supervisor supervises all activities at the CMAM sites: screening, routine medication, recording keeping and the RUTF distribution activities.
- He/She ensures smooth implementation of Nutrition activities at all OTP sites and provide regular updates and supportive supervision.
- In particular, S/he ensures all CMAM activities such as OTP, IYCF, Mother MUAC, Tom Brown and referrals are performed accordingly with support from his nutrition activity manager.
- Ensuring efficient management of Nutrition field staff, MOH, CHEWS, CNMs other related staff by proper management and supervision in field operations in adherence to INTERSOS Nigeria policies and donor requirements.
- Support the identification of new implementation sites in collaboration with other partners in the location.
- Support coordination of nutrition activities in all locations with other partners to avoid duplication and conflicts.
- Support the team data quality improvement process in all field locations.
- He/She will serve as focal point for training of nutrition team under his supervision and will support in the identifications of gaps and areas for improvement.
- Will support the nutrition activity manager in external coordination activities.
- Overall lead in the CMAM disribution points.
- Draw up a planning of the work involved for each post.
- Regularly organize evaluation meetings of team members.
- In liaison with medical staff reffer for medication or Dispense routine medication as per Nigerian protocol.
- Coordinates the link of acute malnutrition cases with OTP/TSFP and facilitates regular registration and referrals of non-OTP beneficiaries and submits on monthly bases.
- Supevise malnutrition screening, taking of anthropometry, admission and recording of beneficiary information.
- In liaison with Nutrition officer, should monitor for home visits and defaulter tracing by CNMs and report accordingly
- Act as a liaison with the beneficiaries, local population, and authorities to identify the needs, grievances and major events that could have potential consequences for INTERSOS activity.
- Build the capacities of CHEWs in collaboration with Nutrition officers.
- To Represent INTERSOS at various Nutrition related fora, as may be required.
- Any other Duty as may be required by the Manager.
- Participate in the recruitment of nutrition CMAM promoters (CNMs) and any other position that could be recruited on his/her team. Recruit and train daily workers for Mass MUAC screening
- Organise and supervise the day-to-day schedule of the team to guarantee the smooth running of the project and participate to the weekly tasks drafting for the field work plans
- Make sure every members of the team clearly understand his/her task and has the necessary material to correctly fulfil his/her objectives
- Follow-up of distribution, management, and consumption of systematic treatment, Tom Brown and or therapeutic food
- Ensure the work schedules are respected in the field.
- Organise regular meeting with his team (briefing and debriefing) and ensure they have the necessary support they need
- He/she participates in the evaluation and to the definition of the training needs of his/her team
- Ensure the proper training and supervision of the daily workers who take part in the project.
- Ensure the security rules in the field are respected, the safety of the field officers is guarantee and the regular communication with the security focal person is maintained.
- Analyse the humanitarian situation, taking protection problems into consideration/Do no Harm to the population.
- Ensure representation of INTERSOS at field level for the areas which s/he is responsible for.
- Report immediately any delay, problem or other relevant information to the Manager.
Monitoring And Reporting
- Responsible for data collection and timely report compilation and submission
- S/he will be responsible for data keeping, Analysis/Interpretation and advice to the management on any trends that require action.
- Makes sure that CMAM program is implemented according to the National protocol.
- Participate in assessments as may be required by the Manager.
- Responsible for data management and record keeping at the CMAM centers.
- Participate and supervise any assessments for the projects or for new projects.
- Propose action plan to ensure that beneficiaries and local populations both understand the project goals and actively participate in their implementation.
- Provide weekly internal situation reports.
Language Skills: Fluent in English, and Local Dialects: Hausa and Kanuri
Computer Skills: Proficient user of MS office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Education degree: Degree in Medicine, Nutrition, Public Health, Nursing and or any Health related discipline
Minimum of 3-year experience in Community Nutrition program.
Previous experience with NGO is required.
Demonstrated understanding of the MOH structure.
Demonstrated experience in team management/supervision.
Previous experience in Humanitarian assessment, monitoring and evaluation is an asset.
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Excellent knowledge of Borno State, willing to be deployed locally to other CMAM field locations.
- Teamwork and team management
- Stress Management and flexibility
- Diplomacy and problem solving
- Capacity to mobilize community.
- Rigor and organization
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach their CV with Cover Letter following this format “Surname_ Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Application Deadline: apply no later than 2nd August 2023 at 1:00 PM.
INTERSOS is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply”.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert if an applicant is accepted.