Making bread at home is a fun and rewarding experience. Here is a basic recipe for making a simple loaf of bread:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and instant yeast.
- Slowly add the water, stirring with a wooden spoon or your hands, until a sticky dough forms.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes, either by hand on a floured surface or using a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. The dough should be elastic and smooth when it’s ready.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with a clean towel. Let it rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours, or until it has doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down to release the air bubbles and shape it into a loaf. Place the loaf in a greased loaf pan, or shape it into a round loaf and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cover the loaf with a clean towel and let it rise again for another 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Once the oven is hot, place the loaf in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the bread sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool before slicing and serving.
It is worth noting that there are many variations of bread recipes, from sourdough to whole wheat, you can experiment with different ingredients and techniques to achieve different breads. Also, the kneading time may vary depending on the recipe and the type of flour you are using.