The benefits of olive oil to the skin are innumerable. This range from enriching the skin with vital nutrients to mopping out free radicals from the skin thereby preventing aging. It is very safe for the most sensitive skin. It contains anti-aging phenol. It tones, brighten and remove wrinkles from the skin.
Bee wax olive oil soap
1224g olive oil
160g lye ( Caustic soda)55 degree celsius
479ml distilled water 55 degree Celsius
Castile (Pure Olive oil) soap
1357g Olive oil
173g Lye (Caustice soda)
479ml Distilled water
20 litres mixing bucket, Stirrer, Thermometer, Weigh balance, Mold, Towel, cardboard, different containers for oil and lye, measuring spoon.
- Choose one of the types of olive oil you want to make and follow the following instructions carefully
- Make sure you put on protective clothes, goggles and gloves to protect your body against spillage.
- Always keep vinegar with you to neutralize burns of chemicals.
- Weigh out all the ingredients as listed above on a weighing balance
- First, dissolve lye into water and watch the temperature until it is closer to somewhere around 70 degrees Celsius.
- Then heat the olive oil under low temperature to 55 degree Celsius (including the beeswax for beeswax olive oil soap) then drop the oil down.
- By this time your lye should be the same temperature as the oil.
- Gradually turn the lye into the bucket containing the oil and stir continuously until you it has mixed to trace. It may take about 45 minutes to trace
- Turn this mixture into their various molds and allow to stand in the mold for 48 hours. Cover the soap with a cardboard paper and finally cover with a thick towel to keep it warm.
- After 48 hours, remove the soap and cut them to size, put them in a waterproof bag and allow for 4 weeks to cure. After 4 weeks, your soap is ready for use.
Castile oil soap is good for sensitive skin, while beeswax is good for both sensitive to normal skin types.