Almond oil has been known for the following benefits: for smooth, flawless skin, for deep cleansing of skin,to remove dark circles & tan,to relieve eczema & psoriasis,to improve memory & cognition,to treat skin rashes,to reduce fine lines & other signs of aging,to control hair loss, for muscle aches & fatigue,for long shiny hair,for heart health. You can also search for more benefit of using almond oil on google.
There are two methods of extracting oil from almond. The first is using oil press and the second is using a blender. This post is going to cover how to extract almond oil using a blender reason been that not everybody has oil press and may be you need it for personal use so it’s needless to get an oil press. Using a blender will take a little longer time to extract the oil, but oil press extracts the almond faster and require less time.
- Use a blender to grind the almond seeds at low speed and then gradually increase the speed. If it becomes sticky, stop the blender, use spatula to clean it and then continue blending until it becomes creamy and paste – like. Alternatively, you can use mortar and pestle to pound the almond seeds.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the mixture and continue blending to mix completely, remove it from from the blender. 2 cups of almond will require 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Here’s were your patience will be tested. Scoop the mixture and turn into a container that has lid. Cover it and wait for 14 days.
- After 14 days, Slowly decant the oil from the mixture or use a sieve to filter the mixture from the oil.
- Store and in a container for use.